Monday, December 15, 2008

Dante's Inferno: the Game!

Back in the beginning of the Pretentious Days of Games Journalism* (i.e. when New Games Journalism became a thing), there was some discussion about postmodernism in games. One person conjectured that videogames were an inherently postmodern medium. At the time I thought it was a cute thing to say, but obviously false, at least for my understood definition of "postmodern."

Now I'm not so sure.

Do watch the movie on the site. Dante slams a giant cross into a zombie-demon-creature's skull.

*Disclaimer: I love Pretentious Games Journalism, and have participated in its creation.

2 comments:

six said...

I usually find stuff like that hilarious, but that was so straight-faced in its delivery that I'm kind of shaken. I mean, uh, there's no way that's serious, right? How could it possibly be serious?

Swimmy Lionni said...

I'm pretty sure it's completely serious.

From the makers of Dead Space!